The Stiffler is the normal Intend fork steerer. I did 4 years of research with my own forks and have now a long experience with the joint of the fork crown and the steerer tube.
In this time I learned exactly how to handle with loose steerer, with creaking joints and so on. I do not know, how all that works at the big brands, but I know how it works at Intend. I found a special press-seat Loctite max-strength, I optimized the diameters of the crown and the steerer, and the result is:
No creaking steerer tube for 4 years now. This is amazing, and good for Intend customers, there is guaranteed that no annoying creaking noise will occur. What a pleasure!
Together with Lemon Shox in Nuremberg, we want to offer this to all customers out there, for ALL other forks, Rock Shox, Fox, Formula ... and so on (... means also all other companies forks are suitable for this service).
So what do we do: We unmount the existing creaking steerer. We measure the current diameter of your crown bore and search for the perfect fit in the range of tolerances of steerer tubes we have in stock. We use our special Loctite to make the press seat long-lasting without any noise.
As an add on, all Intend Stiffler have the Stiffcap at the bottom of the steerer tube for even higher stiffness of the joint.
Please choose the Intend Stiffler hard or normal Stiffler. They are with normal (3mm bottom and 2mm top) or extra high (6mm bottom 3mm top) wall thickness depending on your riding style and drop a mail at email@example.com.
Features of the Intend Stiffler by Lemon Shox:
- available as normal or hard
- total length around 240mm
- both have the Intend Stiffcap
- weight difference is around 73g
- suitable for all tapered forks
- 1,5″ bottom, 1 1/8″ top
- wall thicknesses normal: 3mm bottom and 2mm at top
- wall thicknesses hard: 6mm bottom and 3mm at top
- “hard” increases the stiffness compared to normal steerer (Fox 38 has 5mm fore/aft, Lyrik has 4,5mm, Pike has 3mm, all have 2mm on top)
- fits to normal star nuts. “hard” does NOT fit to some inside-tools)
Price: 129€ normal
Available at www.lemonshox.com only ! No direct sales.